Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cinderella Man (Universal 2005)


Usually when I see a movie advertised that stars Hollywood libs like a Leonardo DiCaprio, Alec Baldwin, or a George Clooney I tend to shy away from the box office to hand over my dinero.

Cinderella Man, starring Russell Crowe, was no different. My best friend who saw it in the theatre told me to go see the film and I said I would wait for it on DVD. I wish I hadn't waited and I learned a very valuable lesson.


Even a phone throwing liberal idiot can make a movie with a conservative theme.

Crowe is James Braddock, a 1930's era boxer struggling to make ends meet. With the Great Depression in full force, Braddock's fortunes take a turn for the worse when he breaks his hand in a bout. With little income to support his family, he reluctantly turns to the government for welfare. His struggles to find work continue for years when he finally decides to get back in the ring to earn money. Surprisingly to all he's almost twice the fighter he was and faces the Heavyweight Champion Max Baer in the film's conclusion.

Oh and that welfare check he received? He paid it back. Every last penny. A lot different than today, huh?

This clip puts Rocky music to the Cinderella Man fight scenes. Pretty cool.





4 comments:

Brooke said...

I didn't bother with it, as most of what Hollywood pumps out anymore is bunk.

I'm off to the Library's website to borrow this one!

WomanHonorThyself said...

Cinderalla man was a great story eh!

EDGE said...

womanhonorthyself,

I think so too! Even, better than Rocky IMO!

Anonymous said...

This was an excellent movie and the scene of him returning Welfare money is worth its entirety! I wish libraries showed this kind of movie in their "family movie night" instead of the liberal, brainwashing trash they always do!