Monday, May 19, 2008

Facing the Giants (Destination Films 2006)


Even if you are not a big football fan (as I am), this film will be entertaining to all! When you consider that the budget of this film was $100,000 and that most of the actors in the movie had never acted a day in their life...hey...they made a pretty good flick! Bucking the Hollywood system. How could Facing the Giants not be on ECM?

Here is the synopsis from IMDb...

From the award winning producers of FLYWHEEL, comes an action-packed drama about a Christian high school football coach who uses his undying faith to battle the giants of fear and failure. In six years of coaching, Grant Taylor has never led his Shiloh Eagles to a winning season. After learning that he and his wife Brooke face infertility, Grant discovers that a group of fathers are secretly organizing to have him dismissed as head coach. Devastated by his circumstances, he cries out to God in desperation. When Grant receives a message from an unexpected visitor, he searches for a stronger purpose for his football team. He dares to challenge his players to believe God for the impossible on and off the field. When faced with unbelievable odds, the Eagles must step up to their greatest test of strength and courage. What transpires is a dynamic story of the fight between faith and fear. Facing the Giants is a powerful experience for the whole family inspiring viewers to live with faith, hope, and love!

Here is the trailer for the film!



After I'd get through barfing, I'd have a long talk with coach.

18 comments:

EDGE said...

THANKS TO "PINKY" FOR THE SUGGESTION!

Anonymous said...

Yay EDGE!!!
My kids will watch it for the lessons to be learned.
One of my favs.

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to add...
I cried during the blindfold scene...
the ex-athlete in me, I suppose.

WomanHonorThyself said...

football flicks are da best Edge!..touchdown! lol

EDGE said...

Pinky,

Thanks again for the suggestion. The blind fold scene was pretty rough to watch. What sports did you play?

Angel,

You really can't go wrong with a football flick!

Fireproof,

Thanks for the visit and I will be sure to post more about the movie on ECM!

Z said...

I'll have to see this! Thanks.

I just watched THE LITTLE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER, original version. My day is complete and it's not even 9 AM yet!!

Brooke said...

Kewl. I'll put it in the queue.

Anonymous said...

EDGE, basketball, track (hurdles, discus, triple jump), gymnastics. I always thought I woulda been good at softball or volleyball. oh well. Gymnastics was by far the most intense, had to quit due to injuries.

EDGE said...

z,

Haven't seen Little Shop." Sounds like a chick flick. Do you think I'll like it?

Brooke,

Yah, check it out! You'll like it!

Pinky,

Cool! My sport was swimming; I was pretty good, but truthfully I signed up to check out the girls ;O)

Anonymous said...

Honesty is a virtue EDGE! ;-)

elmers brother said...

I bought this movie and have not seen it yet..(though my family has)

elmers brother said...

and loved it

EDGE said...

Awesome Elmer! You'll love it too!

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

I love this movie!! I got to watch it for the first time last week. It was such an uplifting movie. I could really feel God talking to me through the movie.
Thank you for coming by and visting my blog and saying hi. I don't get to many visitors...
Mommy of 5

EDGE said...

Hi Mommy of 5,

I really like your blog and once I heard that music I thought I would add the same thing to mine! Thanks for the visit and if you ever have an idea for a movie for me to review, just let me know!

Z said...

Oh, edge, you'll disappoint me if you won't see a chick flick!! Say it ain't so!
It's Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullivan and others and it was the forerunner to YOU'VE GOT MAIL. Only FAR, FAR sweeter and better.
It shows the man's point of view quite a bit, so I think you'll like it.
If you don't, don't tell me!!!
z

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

I just saw P.S. I love you last night. You could review that. It was very sweet...
Mommy of 5

Jennifer said...

The hubs and I watched Facing the Giants last night. Finally, a movie that includes praising God, not using His name in vain. I'm going to lend this movie to my parents, and I know they will like it.