Monday, September 10, 2007

World Trade Center (Paramount 2006)


When I first heard that Oliver Stone was making a film about 9/11 my first reaction, like so many other conservative movie goers, was Great, that should be a George Bush Bash Fest! A friend of mine assured me that Stone was not making the film to attack Bush but to tell a true story from that horrible day.

World Trade Center is the third film about 9/11 on ECM (United 93, Path to 9/11 being the other two) . I highly recommend anyone to watch all three! You won't regret it, I promise you! Below is a summary from the film I found on Internet Movie Database. I think this guy summed up the movie better than I could!


In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin and William J. Jimeno, two of the last survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes of that fateful time in the history of the United States when buildings would fall and heroes would rise, literally from the ashes to inspire the entire human race.

Rent it folks! Again, you won't be sorry you did!



Nicholas Cage does a great job in this film...he even speaks Spanish!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I shied away from it myself.

I'll have to check it out!

EDGE said...

It's a good flick Brooke. Very emotional but the point is clear...This s--t can't happen again! Rent it and tell me what you think!

EDGE

WomanHonorThyself said...

hiya Edge bro...great films..I went to the theatre to see them..well worth it!

EDGE said...

Thanks for the visit! You really are an Angel, aren't you? :o)

Brooke said...

It's on hold at the library. I'll be picking it up later.

Always On Watch said...

I actually went to the theater to see this one because I wanted SurroundSound.

I liked the move, although, like many of Stone's films, it could've been about 15 minutes shorter.

As far as 9/11 movies go, United 93 is my fave. Very emotional, and it made me so proud to be an American--especially because I had visited Shanksville.

EDGE said...

AOW,

My folks visited Shanksville this past month. I'd love to make the trip up there. Did you take any photos?