Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Heartbreak Ridge (Warner Bros. 1986)



Great conservative anti-commie movie here folks! If you haven't seen this one you've been missing out! And wouldn't ya' know it? It's on National Review's list of conservative movies!

Here is the review from James G. Lakely, managing editor of InfoTech & Telecom News at the Heartland Institute.

Clint Eastwood’s foul-mouthed Marine sergeant Tom Highway makes quick work of kicking Communist Cubans out of Grenada. And, boy, does “Gunny” hate Commies. Not only does he kill quite a few, he also refuses a bribe of a Cuban cigar, saying: “Get that contraband stogie out of my face before I shove it so far up you’re a** you’ll have to set fire to your nose to light it.” A welcome glorification of Reagan’s decision to liberate Grenada in 1983, the film also notes how after a tie in Korea and a loss in Vietnam, America can finally celebrate a military victory. Eastwood, the old war horse, walks off into retirement pleased that he’s not “0–1–1 anymore.” Semper Fi. Oo-rah!

Here is the trailer!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

A good one... Most stuff with Eastwood is, though.

Always On Watch said...

Yeah. I've seen this one. Excellent film!

Z said...

http://gollygeeez.blogspot.com/2009/02/whats-scariest-movie-you-ever-saw.html

Hi, Edge....I wanted to let you know that one of the most looked-at posts I ever did is my SCARIEST MOVIE post (link above) It's no great shakes, trust me, but EVERY DAY since then, and it's been a long time, I have at least one person look at it, usually two, according to my sitemeter. I finally looked at the actual post today and wanted you to know I'd linked to your BIRDS piece as an example of SCARY!
So, that movie thing got both of us read quite a bit...pretty cool, huh?
WHO KNOWS why that particular post is my top 3 popular posts, but it sure is! Hope you're doing well....

this movie looks good. I'm going to netflix it ! xx

ASM826 said...

The thing that I really didn't like about this movie was what shitbirds the Marines were portrayed to be. It would have been ok for some them to be weaker, or not as trained, but they were supposed to be Recon, and Recon was never anything like that.

They were more like raw recruits, and I can assure you, you don't stay that stupid more than a day or two in basic training.