Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Red Dawn (United Artists 1984)


If you've never seen this movie before consider yourself fortunate that you visited Edge's Conservative Movies today! This is arguably THE most conservative themed movie ever made... and wouldn't you know a super-lib like Charlie Sheen would star in it. Oh well, I learned my lesson from Cinderella Man.

It is the mid-1980s. From out of the sky, Soviet & Cuban troops begin landing on the football field of a Colorado high school. In seconds, the paratroops have attacked the school & sent a group of teenagers fleeing into the mountains. Armed only with hunting rifles, pistols & bows and arrows, the teens struggles to survive the bitter winter & Soviet KGB patrols hunting for them. Eventually trouble arises when they kill a group of Soviet soldiers on patrol in the highlands. Soon, they will wage their own guerrilla warfare against the invading Soviet troops....under the banner of 'Woverines'!

If you own a gun you're gonna love this movie...I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Why?!? BECAUSE WE LIVE HERE!





GOOD STUFF!






7 comments:

nanc said...

love this movie!

yes, i did see it at the theater on the big screen...

we recently purchased it and have shared it with our children - they love it too!

elmers brother said...

Jed Eckert: How did you get shot down, Colonel?
Col. Andy Tanner: It was five to one. I got four.

The Colonel: All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
Robert: It keeps me warm.

EDGE said...

Glad I could put a smile on your face, Nanc!

Elmer,

Roger that.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to the movies for about 2 years until last month when I went to see American Gangster and I really liked it.

I guess I'm going to have to go more often. But the choice is so thin.

Brooke said...

Seen it! It's good!

EDGE said...

DD2,

I haven't seen American Gangster. Maybe of Christmas I'll check it out.

Brooke,

Just a little different than It's a Wonderful Life!

nanc said...

girlz like it because it's a "chick flick" and you guyz like "it's a wonderful life" because it's a "hick flick".

hehehe...