Monday, January 19, 2009

Forrest Gump (Paramount 1996)


Some of the best conservative movies...are just plain accidents folks.

If you've been a fan of this blog for awhile now, you've realized some of the flicks I review also have some of the biggest lib actors and actresses...! Hollywood really wants to make fun of values, God, and patriotism, but most of the films that have any success at the box office just don't reflect their negative values. As a matter of fact (leading up to our movie of the week), while searching the web I cam across this.

Here is the synopsis for IMDb...

A man with a low IQ has accomplished great things in his life and been present during significant historic events - in each case, far exceeding what anyone imagined he could do. Yet, despite all the things he has attained, his one true love eludes him. "Forrest Gump" is the story of a man who rose above his challenges, and who proved that determination, courage, and love are more important than ability.

"Tom Hank's earnest and realistic rather than satirical portrayal of Gump's retardation unintentionally ennobles him and his values in contrast to silly and selfish but oh so much smarter leftists."

Hey...sounds good to me! Forrest Gump is the Edge Conservative Movie of the Week!

It still cracks me up when he is a little kid and the expression on his face when his braces break off!

8 comments:

nanc said...

not one of my faves, zgirl however has worn the vhs tape out and now we must get it in dvd.

as far as this type movie goes, little big man remains my all time favorite.

Brooke said...

Great movie; one in my library.

Nikki said...

Edge, even though I am feeling the Tom angst, this is a great movie. Its a long movie, but its a great movie! Too bad Tom had to ruin his credibility as a human being in real life. :)N

elmers brother said...

I have a lot of emotions watching this movie. I've always enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Forrest makes me cry every time.
He knew how to love Jenny.

BB-Idaho said...

I can understand not sharing liberal values, such as Tom Hanks holds. But as a liberal myself, I must note his work in Apollo 13 and Saving Private Ryan. For that and his work with Steven Ambrose on the WWII Museum, he was made an honorary member of the US Army Rangers Hall of Fame. IMO, it is
mistaken to infer that those who hold liberal or progressive views are somehow unpatriotic. But, anyhow, 'Gump' was pretty good..I'm not a big movie guy, but I catch one now and then. Gary Sinise (Lt. Taylor), is pretty conservative and another fine actor.

Right Truth said...

My niece named her baby "Forrest". When the other kids in the family heard about it, the first thing they said was "Forrest Gump???" heh

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Gayle said...

I thought it was a wonderful movie, Edge.