Tuesday, July 3, 2007

United 93 (Universal 2006)


I'm 32 years old and I can say quite frankly that United 93 is the greatest American story ever told to my generation. It belongs with the classics we all learned in our history books...Valley Forge, The Alamo, Gettysburg, D-Day, Iwo Jima, United 93...period.

What makes this story more remarkable than any other story in our country's history is that these were common citizens that rose up together to fight evil. They weren't at war with anyone, they didn't train together, hell they didn't even know each other...but they recorded a significant first victory against terror that day.

I remember when this film was released and some people said it will just make people mad all over again. If this you, do your country a favor...

Get mad all over again.



5 comments:

ASM826 said...

Get mad again? When was I supposed to stop? How about I stay mad until we win this war? How about I stay mad until we all really start to fight like we could lose?

Do yourself a favor. Pick one person who died on 9-11. Just one. Learn their story, look at who they were and what was lost by their murder.

I picked Christine Lee Hansen. She was two years old. Two. She and her parents died when thier bodies
were crushed, burned, and vaporized because Islamic fanatics chose to fly the airplane they were on into the World Trade Center.

Here's a quote from the testimony of Christine's grandfather:

"The voices from inside were amplified by witnesses like C. Lee Hanson, the grandfather of 21/2-year-old Christine Lee Hanson, Sept. 11's youngest victim. She was on United Flight 175 with her father, Peter, Hanson's son, and her mother. Peter called, Hanson testified, and said he thought the hijackers would fly the plane into a building.

"Don't worry, Dad," Peter said. "If it happens, it'll be quick." Watching TV as they talked, Hanson heard his son say, "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God" and heard a scream as he saw the plane fly into the World Trade Center."


Think I'll stay mad. Remember someone. Remember them all. remember who did it, and why.

EDGE said...

Amen, brother! Amen!

WomanHonorThyself said...

I'm still mad ..trust me!..good post!

Brooke said...

I saw this when it was released in the theatre, and it is both infuriating and galvanizing... It clearly shows that the attacks were executed by Islamists committed jihad.

I remember that when the movie was over, you could hear a pin drop in that theatre. It was SILENT as we all filed out.

No one said, "Well, they were just extremists," or "they were just poor, dissaffected youth."

EDGE said...

Thanks for the post Brooke! This is a very important film; everyone should see this.