Sunday, May 4, 2008

Doctor Zhivago (MGM 1965)

Just got done watching this conservative flick all the way through (you can do that when you don't have a girlfriend you know). Anywho, this is a good one (and a long one). Here is the synopsis from IMB!

Set just before and in the years following the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia, the film follows the life of Dr. Zhivago as he marries, raises a family, has his life totally disrupted by first World War One, and then by the Revolution. Shown against the epic of a world turned on its head, his life and freedom are torn from him as the new society makes demands.

Basically, the message in this movie is pure and simple: Communism sucks. It sucks the BIG one. I only have one warning about this movie, it's close to 4 hours long so be prepared to sit for a bit, or break it up and watch half a day! You guys will enjoy it, I know I did!

Here is the trailer!



I got your manhood right here, Commie!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

EDGE, you've got me wanting to sign up for Netflix now. Our local place has nothing but slasher movies.
Haven't seen Doctor Zhivago, must see it!

Brooke said...

Y'know, if you get a conservative girlfriend, you can still watch conservative movies all weekend long...

:)

Brooke said...

Pinky, since I got Netflix, I haven't stepped foot inside a video store. Do they still exist? ;)

EDGE said...

Pinky,

You'll like Zhivago, I know it!

Brooke,

All the good ones (like you, Nanc, Pinky, Angel and AOW are already taken... :O(

Come to think of it, I do have a lot of chicks that stop by this board!

nanc said...

i've never seen this movie.

you're a chick magnet, edge - get used to it.

*;]

EDGE said...

Nanc,

EDGE...CHICK MAGNET...LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!

Jennifer said...

Yeah, Edge, you're a real stud muffin!

I mean, SPUD muffin! Like a big McCallister's baked potato, yum!

WomanHonorThyself said...

an oldie but goodie eh!!!,,,awww I'll come over with my whole gang..pass the popcorn dude..ha! :)

EDGE said...

Jennifer,

No Spud Muffins tonight girl!

Angel,

It's a date! ;O)

Always On Watch said...

And don't forget that this film produced a wonderful piece of music, too: "Lara's Theme."

EDGE said...

AOW,

Yes, that is a great piece of music. I believe you can find that on Youtube!