Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dumbo (Disney 1941)


Dumbo, is the first animated film on ECM! I'm gonna bet you haven't seen this movie in a long, long time. Am I right? Have you forgotten the story? It's a good one I assure you!

Here is a very brief synopsis from IMDb...

The stork delivers a baby elephant to Mrs Jumbo, veteran of the circus, but the newborn is ridiculed because of his truly enormous ears and dubbed "Dumbo". Dumbo is relegated to the circus' clown acts; it is up to his only friend, a mouse, to assist Dumbo to achieve his full potential.
As we all know too well, some individuals look to the government for "help" way too much these days. And when they don't receive that "help", they almost instantly blame the society that surrounds them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that that our government shouldn't provide assistance to Americans in need, but you know every once in a while a person will break out of a dark and hopeless situation and find their true potential without Uncle Sam's so called "help! "

I know...sounds weird but stick with me here!

But how, you ask, can someone find this great potential when faced with adversity?

A friend is needed. Someone who reaches out and believes in the impossible. Someone who pushes relentlessly but also loves and cares. Dumbo had his friend (and an unlikely one at that) a mouse named Timothy!

Are you a "Timothy"? Have you ever been a "Timothy"? I gonna bet in a small way (or maybe a large way) you already have been that type of friend...and will be again, and again and again!

Dumbo is great movie with a great conservative message!

H-E-L-P!

While they bitch and moan in Washington about how THEY think THEY can better serve us, let's just take care of business ourselves shall we? Anybody can do something that can make a difference in someone's life!

Don't know where to start? What about the...

Red Cross
Salvation Army
Boys & Girls Club
Habitat for Humanity

Let's do this...I mean after all folks, Dumbo is a Republican.


Here's the trailer!






Baby you're mine!




12 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

great analysis dude..who'd a thunk it?..Heh

Papa Frank said...

A long time? Yeah, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I've seen it. :) If you want a hardcore Walt Disney conservative movie get ahold of a propaganda movie entitled Victory Through Airpower that Disney made about the way to crush the axis of evil. You'll be singing the praises of Walt Elias Disney I guarantee.

MightyMom said...

actually, I last saw Dumbo about 3 days ago....and we watch it on average 18,000,000,000 times a week.

It's one of my kids' favs.

But to me it's a sad sad story, I guess I relate too much to the misunderstood and picked on Dumbo who was so alone. And by the way "Baby Mine" always makes me cry. Even more so now I'm a mom.

And yes, we all can fly once we start to believe............ :-)

nanc said...

have you ever seen a peanut stand?

LOVE THIS MOVIE!

we watch these all the time.

mightymom - that song always gets me too.

cube said...

lol! Dumbo is a republican!

EDGE said...

Angel,

Kinda neat ain't it Angel?

Papa Frank,

Gotta check it out! Thanks!

Mightymom,

Wow! Didn't know Dumbo was still a hit with the kids!

Nanc,

You can't gowrong with a great Disney class can ya'?

Cube,

It could happen. ;O)

Anonymous said...

I alway thought that Dumbo was the story about Barack Obama

EDGE said...

DD2,

I was thinking more of this guy.

Brooke said...

I haven't seen this one in awhile... I'm going to have to dig it out and let the kids soak it in!

Right Truth said...

You know I'm with you on this one. The nanny state will be the death of us.

I think it would be great if this new generation of kids got to see these original animated movies. They are so different from the current ones I see advertised.


Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Anonymous said...

I love this movie, Edge.
And I'm with MM, Baby Mine makes me bawl.
I never saw it through political eyes, though. I'll look at it differently next time.

Nikki said...

One of my sons faves! Hadn't thought about the republican connection so now I can consider myself as brainwashing my son without even knowing it! I knew I was a good mother...hehe :)N