Thursday, August 6, 2009

G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Updated 8/7/09)



Well, saw G.I. Joe last night and really enjoyed it! Very typical summer action flick! Stuff blowing up, good guys, bad guys, hot girls, and more stuff blowing up!

Joe has a pro-military, pro-American, and pro-freedom quality to it! I'll call it a conservative flick!

If you were a huge fan of the toys and/or cartoon as a kid you'll REALLY like Joe. If you bought your kids the toys years ago and never quite understood GI Joe I think you will still enjoy the movie.

If you are looking for a peace loving political message, realism, and/or a movie with superb acting that can trigger an emotional response...this ain't the movie for you!

Personally, I wouldn't take the kids to see it, unless you don't mind them watching people being stabbed and/or having their faces melt off! This is a real shame too, because I know a lot of kids are interested in seeing this...just too violent I'm afraid.

But for all of us adults it's a lot of fun! So get a sitter and go see GI Joe...A Real American Summer Movie Hero!

Yo Joe!

3 comments:

nanc said...

we got a movie out of the bargain bin at wal-mart - "SHERGAR" - and it was pretty dayamed good! a true story.

Borepatch said...

Nice, err, "body armor" in the poster. ;-)

WomanHonorThyself said...

aw shux..no emotional stuff?..ha HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND HUN!:)