Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Catherine


A good story you can tell even your youngest child and they will know the difference between a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican.

A little girl named Catherine told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her parents are liberal Democrats and were standing there with us, and I asked Catherine, "If you were President, what's the first thing you would do?"

Catherine replied, "I would give houses to all the homeless people!"

"Wow, what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine." I told her, "You don't have to wait until you are President to do that, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard and I'll pay you $5. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 to use for a new house."

Catherine, who was about 5, thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me, and Catherine replied, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5?"

Welcome to the Republican Party, Catherine.

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Little Catherine will have my vote when she grows up!

Now, what to do with all that dog poop?

Let's donate it to the Obama '08 campaign. Wait, they're already full of B.S.

Brooke said...

Wooo! I love this one!

EDGE said...

Jennifer,

Yah they have plenty of BS to go around!

Brooke,

Glad you liked it!

BB-Idaho said...

A conservative would never pay above $1.95. Even with two St.
Bernards! :)

EDGE said...

Well...ha...I can't argue with that!

Welcome to ECM and thanks for the post!

WomanHonorThyself said...

heh..exactamundo baby!

Anonymous said...

You need to be in the classroom teaching, Edge. ;0)

Common sense, dude. Common sense.

Hope her folks caught the lesson, too.

Hey, Edge, have you seen Atonement?
I'd say it's worthy to be an ECM.
check it.....I'll warn you, though...it's romantical. It's a WWII flick about an English soldier and his gal.

EDGE said...

Angel,

Thanks girl!

Pinky,

I'm a big hit with kids! I wanted to be a teacher when I was in High School.

Haven't seen Atonement yet, but I will just for you! ;O)

Always On Watch said...

"Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5?"

From the mouth of babes....

nanc said...

priceless, edge - priceless!

Anonymous said...

You're good to me, Edge. ;-)
here's another one...Bella.
Another indie movie.
It's pro-life.
beautiful.

Nikki said...

excellent! A good read and an even greater lesson. Good girl Catherine and yes welcome to the republican party! :)N

EDGE said...

Nikki,

A good lessson for half the country!

EDGE said...

Buh bye, Chris.

EDGE said...

Chris,

If you wish to participate on my blog you are more than welcome to do so. I welcome your honest opinions about any topic we are discussing.

Calling homeless people "lazy" and "stupid" is not participating. Of course, I realize that you do not believe this, but CHOOSE to believe all conservative minded people think this way. My friend, this is certainly not true.

As far as censoring goes...yes you are 100% correct...I did censor you. Why? Because it's MY blog!

When you get "Chris' Blog" started, you can do whatever you want. I may even pay you a visit. I must also tell you I've been censored quite a bit on more, oh how do you libs put it..."open minded" blogs and forums, so I feel your frustration, believe me.

Again, you're welcome to comment, BUT from one blogger to another... just clean it up a bit. THANKS!

Welcome to ECM!

Unknown said...

Did I call homeless people stupid?

You're right, I don't believe all homeless people are lazy. But I'm tickled that you found my blanket portrayal of conservatives so offensive, considering the blanket portrayal of liberals in your adorable story. That was the point of my comment.

Besides, wasn't the point of your story that homeless people are too lazy to work and Democrats want to reward them for it?

I think it's funny that when all I do is quote Bill O'Reilly, you want me to "clean it up."

EDGE said...

"But I'm tickled that you found my blanket portrayal of conservatives so offensive,"

Well...LMAO...glad to put a smile on your face my friend!

Again, welcome to ECM!